We interrupt our fortnightly newsletter rhythm just to let you know that our famous Second Spring Seed Collection is now available to buy from our online shop.
This collection is always a massive hit with our customers who want to keep growing and harvesting all through the winter. Click below to grab yours now.
|Second Spring Seed Collection|
This years selection contains:
- Claytonia 'Winter Purslane' - A must-have excellent winter leaf of mild flavour and incredibly succulent, soft and juicy texture
- Corn Salad / Lamb's Lettuce - An invaluable hardy winter salad for growing outdoors and under cover with a superb nutty flavour
- Chicory - Pain De Sucre -This is a more mild tasting chicory that is a superb substitute for lettuce in the winter
- Winter Lettuce - Valdor - A green winter-hardy butterhead lettuce with great taste and texture
- Coriander - Filtro - A refreshing herb typically used in South Asian and South American cooking
- Asian Greens - Purple Frills - An abundant, colourful, delicate variety of mustard which gets punchier as the season continues
- Spinach - Giant Winter - A winter variety with large, savoyed, pointy leaves especially selected for winter hardiness. This productive spinach is particularly recommended for autumn and winter cultivation
- Asian Greens - Pak Choi - With juicy fat white stalks and dark green spoon shaped leaves, pak choi grows well in cooler conditions and can be used as cut and come again or as a more mature plant later in the year
- Salad rocket - Salad leaf with a peppery fresh taste, most commonly used raw but can be cooked too. The nutritious dark green serrated leaves add their fine spice to salads, pasta, pizza, pesto, other sauces or as garnish
- Spring onion - White Lisbon - The classic spring onion. Long white stems with bright green tops, suitable for over-wintering
We will include some growing tips for these varieties and others suitable for winter growing in our next newsletter.
All the best
Fred and Ronja